Fuel Tank Cleaning for Gas & Diesel Storage Tanks
Cleaning fuel tanks alleviates some big problems for service stations.
You wouldn’t expect your fuel storage tanks to be spotless. But you would be surprised at what’s lying at the bottom of them. Here’s just a sampling of some of the fuel tank problems you may encounter if your fuel tanks are not cleaned.
- Damaging excess water. If water makes up just a half a percent of the tank’s capacity and it can cause ethanol & water to separate and fall to the bottom. This is called phase separation and it’s a real headache. With less ethanol in your gas, it drops the octane rating by as much as three numbers, which can cause pinging. What’s worse, if the water & ethanol phase reaches your fuel inlet, you can pump it into a customer’s car and cause serious…and costly…engine problems.
- Mucus-like sediment. Since ethanol is both a cleaning solvent and absorbent, water and dirt in the tank will cling to it and make their way into your fuel tanks. You can only hope your filters will catch most of it. Plus, sediment sitting at the bottom of your tanks can cause inaccurate tank gauge readings. Why pay for sediment to take up fuel space?
- Debris damages leak detectors. Dirty fuel can also cost you when debris passes through your leak detectors. This can severely affect leak detector’s performance over time- which means they have to be replaced more often. It’s just another expense you don’t need.
- Fuel altering microbes. Water, sludge and sediment at the bottom of tanks are an ideal breeding ground for bacteria and fungi. They excrete waste, starting a bio-deterioration process that chemically alters fuel. Every time you fill your tanks, you risk contaminating your investment, without even knowing it. If you don’t get rid of microbes, the problem will only get worse.
- A little water creates a lot of problems. In a 10% ethanol blend, it takes as little as 18 gallons of water in a 6,000 gallon tank to cause phase separation. In a 2% blend, only 3.6 gallons. Our tank cleaning process removes excess water which drastically reduces the risk of damaging phase separation.
Our powerful fuel tank cleaning process will help service station operators lose the worry, save money & avoid problems.
ATS Environmental’s experts make the tank cleaning process easy, effective & hassle free. Here’s what you can expect…
- We’ll remove the gunk, without removing any fuel. Our system uses a 50′ snake type hose that travels to the bottom of your tanks and removes all the damaging water-alcohol mixes, microbial growths, hydrocarbon emulsion and more- leaving only clean fuel for you to sell.
- A portable & fast solution. We’ll schedule a time that works for you, come to your place and do our thing. Cleaning time depends on the amount of contaminants and water in your tank- but we’re usually finished in a matter of hours.
- No down time for your station. We can do our cleaning while your station is in full operation. You won’t lose a single sale.
- An affordable way to go. You can clean all your tanks for less than the cost of repairing just one customer’s damaged car.
- Change your filters every other month, instead of every week. A cleaner tank means cleaner fuel…. so you’ll use far fewer filters and save time, labor and money in the process.
- Save your leak detectors, too. Clean fuel will increase your leak detectors’ life- saving you up to $400 each in replacement costs.
Why risk all the problems and costs of a contaminated tank?
Schedule your tank cleaning with one of our experts today at 1-877-440-8265.