2 Common and Costly Problems Get in the Way of Completing Projects on Time.
1) Unanticipated cost overruns – Change Orders!
Many times, the owner receives a very attractive price at the project start only to be bombarded with unexpected and costly array of change orders. The owner, concerned about project delays, is usually not in a position to deny the request and project costs skyrocket.
2) Lengthy delays – costing owners valuable business.
When your facility is not operating, you’re not making money. What more, many project delays can easily be avoided.
5 Tips How to Avoid these Problems
- Ask for references and call the contractor’s past customers. Past performance is an indicator of future results.
- Ask the project reference for specifics such as the number of unanticipated change orders issued and whether the final cost met expectations.
- Find out if the contractor has a reputation for delivering on time. Have they ever finished a project early?
- Talk to your project manager and explain that you would like to avoid as many change orders as possible. If the construction manager does not agree that avoiding change orders is a top priority, find a different contractor.
- Review the project plan. Does it make sense? Does the contractor have the experience dealing with permitting officials. Can materials such as tanks, dispensers arrive from the manufacturers in time to meet your deadlines?
- A contractor with a great reputation should be able to faciliate orders from manufacturers and distributors.
ATS Construction Management Division
Our project costs are on target and finish faster. Ask our customers!
3 Guiding Principles help us Exceed our Customer’s Expectations:
1) Adhering to project deadlines is our top priority. You should expect your site to return in working order on time or ahead of time. We always strive to exceed our customer’s expectations and frequently deliver ahead of schedule.
2) Avoiding unexpected change orders is a top concern. The anticipated cost at the start of the project should be on target with the project’s final cost. While it’s true sometimes managers cannot foresee all costs at the outset, an unanticipated change should be a rare, not a usual occurrence.
3) Delivering quality work. All installations are rigorously tested by our certified testing team. You can expect to have one point of contact and all operations are turnkey from permits to construction completion.
Past Projects we’ve Handled for our Customers:
✔ Tank replacements
✔ Product line replacements
✔ Dispenser installations
✔ Secondary containment installation
✔ Spill bucket replacements
✔ Automatic tank gauge upgrades and installations
✔ Phase II site assessments
✔ Soil cleanup and soil remediation
✔ Tank top excavations
✔ Canopy installation
✔ LED lighting upgrades
All services are turnkey and one point of contact. Call our Construction Management Team or use our easy contact form!